31 oct. 2009
25 oct. 2009
- We use Perl in many places
- If we don't use Perl, I have experimented that people with Perl skills can make a good work in a short period of time
- Their mind handles different concepts in a simple and consistent way, and designs they provided are good.
- They can work without problems in more than one project at the same time.
- In general, their projects are cheaper to maintain (beacuse of 3).
22 oct. 2009
19 oct. 2009
12 oct. 2009
9 oct. 2009
5 oct. 2009
Imagine this situation: you know DBI and you like it, because you can make use of your SQL knowledge. But you are not happy having the SQL code into the Perl code. You can use other CPAN modules, which let us to abstract SQL code. But we want to write SQL code, we feel confortable with it.
The SQL::Template module manages this ideas:
- decoupling SQL sentences from Perl code, writting sentences in a XML file, that you can use in different parts of your code.
- Dynamic test of expressions.
- Reuse of SQL fragments.
- Simple API (very close to DBI).
I invite you to see and use this module (it's production ready). Comments are welcome.